Our measures to reduce risks of transmission of COVID-19
Our focus is the health and safety of our delivery associates, employees, and customers.
Intelcom is committed to keeping its emergency measures updated and wishes to remind everyone that it is critical that all procedures and recommendations be followed at all times.
- Remote working for all administrative employees;
- Preventative measures in all our facilities;
- Remote recruitment activities;
- Mandatory 14-day isolation after traveling abroad.
We have implemented strict hygienic measures in all our facilities and we have increased the frequency of our installations’ cleaning.
Our measures include but are not limited to:
- Mandatory body temperature check upon arrival at any Intelcom premises;
- Thorough cleaning and disinfection of stations, every morning and night;
- Social distancing measures;
- Must wear masks and use disposable gloves throughout their shift;
- Stringent cleaning of all surfaces, screens, handwashing stations, restrooms, and more several times daily;
- Plexiglass panels at every checkout point;
Protocols in case of contamination:
- Self-isolation if symptoms present themselves;
- Internal contact tracing and precautionary quarantine;
- Thorough disinfection;
- E-mail alert to recipients of packages that may have been handled by an infected individual;
- Quarantine for the period of non-contagion if displaying flu symptoms or receives a COVID-19 diagnosis;
We implemented touchless delivery to keep our delivery partners and customers safer.
Read more about our contactless deliveries below.
The pandemic's effect on our operations
We're happily—and easily—meeting our customers’ needs seven days a week. We’re constantly expanding across Canada and opening new distribution centers to better serve our customers and our fellow citizens.
Implementation of contactless deliveries
Customers are no longer expected to sign on our independent delivery contractors’ devices according to social distancing measures. Our independent delivery contractor will sign N / A (Not available) after making sure the package has been delivered to a safe location.
Removal of package pickup option
For everyone’s safety, pick up at our locations is not available at this time. If we haven’t been able to deliver your package after 4 attempts, please contact our Customer Service team so we can find an alternative.
Upon reception of any delivery, the Public Health Agency of Canada recommends the following two steps to limit the risks of propagation:
- “wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after handling the package
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, especially with unwashed hands”
For more information, please visit the Public Health Agency of Canada website.