Response to COVID-19
Our measures to reduce risks of transmission of COVID-19
Intelcom is committed to keep its emergency measures updated and wishes to remind everyone that it is critical that all procedures and recommendations be followed at all times. Our focus is the health and safety of our delivery associates, employees, and customers. Here are our different measures to reduce risks of transmission of COVID-19.
Due to COVID-19, our delivery procedures have been adapted to offer a contactless service. Customers are no longer expected to sign on our independent delivery contractors’ devices according to social distancing measures. Our independent delivery contractor will sign N / A (Not available) after making sure the package has been delivered to a safe location.
In order to limit the risks of propagation, we invite all customers to follow the recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada: “Parcels generally take a few days to be delivered, the risk of spread is low. To protect yourself from COVID-19, make sure to do the following when handling products shipped within or outside of Canada:
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after handling the package
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, especially with unwashed hands”
For more information, please visit the Public Health Agency of Canada website.
For everyone’s safety, pick up at our locations is not available at this time. If we haven’t been able to deliver your package after 4 attempts or if you’d like to pick up your package at the warehouse, we invite you to contact our Customer Service team so we can find an alternative.
Our employees and independent delivery contractors follow appropriate hygienic guidelines. We have implemented strict hygienic measures to all our facilities and we have increased the frequency of our installations’ cleaning. Our measures include but not limit to:
- Mandatory body temperature check upon arrival at any Intelcom premises;
- Thorough cleaning and disinfection of stations, every morning and every night;
- Social distancing measures;
- All station employees must wear masks and use of disposable gloves while at the facility whereas delivery associates must wear the masks and gloves throughout the service day;
- Stringent cleaning measures several times daily on all surfaces, screens, handwashing stations, restrooms and more;
- Use of plexiglass panels at every checkout point;
- Clear protocols in case of contamination.
Our employees and independent delivery contractors are essential to our operations and their health is a priority for us. We are issuing the following guidelines, which remain in effect until further notice:
- Remote work for administrative personnel;
- If an employee is back from traveling abroad, we ask the employee to stay isolated at home for 14 days;
- Any employee or independent delivery contractor experiencing symptoms associated with the flu or diagnosed as a case of COVID-19 will cease its activities with Intelcom for the period of recovery or non-contagion.